Saturday, October 27, 2007

Piping Hot from the Oven

This is my new blog. (Just so you know, we are still working on building the blog, so please bear with me.) I wrote for a long time over at xanga, but after alot of thinking and stalling, decided it was time to move out of xanga and into the larger world. I don't know why this blog is larger than xanga but it is. Or will be. Or something.

There was considerable angst in choosing blogger. I believe I got frustrated enough to leave Rusty doing blog research while I took a nap. I tend to do that alot.

There was also considerable angst in choosing a blog name. For a while I was planning on using sperkins, which is very amusing to say out loud. Try it. Go on, just say "sperkins."

We chose sadiemama because I am pregnant* and Rusty likes to call me bigmama. When other women hear him call me that, they look at me with a mixture of pity and shock as if to say "Did you hear what he just called you?! BIGMAMA!" I don't mind when Rusty calls me bigmama. Honestly. I think it's funny. However, I didn't really want to be known in the great internet as "bigmama." Thus, the creation of sadiemama.

Now that I have sufficiently bored everyone, I think I'm done. If you are interested in reading other, less boring posts, please click on The Blogs of Old link.


*The title of this particular post has nothing to do with me being pregnant, having a bun in the oven, or anything like that. It refers to this blog being fresh, hot, and tasty. Much like a dinner roll. On that note, it's time for lunch.

6 comments:

Noah said...

i MUST admit, I am a little disappointed that sperkins was not chosen...this works though i guess...:)

Matt said...

Sperkins would have been interesting indeed. I'm also a little disappointed you didn't choose wordpress, but I understand why you went with blogger. The ability to use javascript and customize your own template is enticing. I used blogger for a while and liked tinkering with it.

Sadie said...

Well the real kicker for me was that I can't put ads on my site if I used wordpress. Otherwise I would have.

Rusty said...

you're amazing!!

Ann said...

Sadie,
I'm so excited for you and your new blog. Congratulations!
Ann

DeMo said...

I'm very far behind on your big news. So here's a late Congratulations! And now that I've found your blog, I have something to read when I'm bored at work. I have a couple months of catching up to do. So fun!