Monday, November 19, 2007

No Denying It

Yipes! Sorry for not posting in almost a week! How inconsiderate of me.

I am now 18 weeks pregnant, which is two weeks away from being halfway through. Honestly, time has seemed to slow down considerably. Nothing is happening! Its the same everyday! I feel like I've been pregnant for a very long time, which is pretty unfortunate for me because I still have a long way to go.

However, the belly is growing. I know no one believes me. I know it doesn't seem like my belly is big, but to me it really is. I look kind of ridiculous, like an overgrown child. My skinny arms and legs stick out from my strangely round Buddha belly. And it really is like a Buddha belly, people rub it all the time. Possibly in hopes of good luck? At least strangers aren't doing it yet.

Yesterday when I was at work one of the preschool girls walked up to me and said "You look like you're having a baby!" She didn't know I am pregnant, so it was funny. Kids can get away with lots of things that would get most adults in trouble.

Further evidence that the belly continues to expand, I had some painful ligament stretching going on the last few days. The ligaments that hold up my uterus went into revolt as they were forced to hold up a bell pepper sized person. It was very painful and I whined alot. Apparently my ligaments respond to stress in the same way the rest of me does: Like a big fat baby who is spoiled rotten and will probably start to cry soon.

It's almost Thanksgiving! In honor of the holiday I plan on eating until it becomes embarassing for everyone around me.

2 comments:

dawn said...

i notice the belly getting bigger. it's so exciting! little beaner is the size of an entire bell pepper?! they just grow up so fast. seems like only yesterday cletus fetus was the size of a bean and now he's like a beanie baby (R). time does fly by. we're going to have some issues in a few months at work when half the staff takes maternity leave. gah!

Sadie said...

No joke. All those pregnant people...