Monday, December 10, 2007

Reasons #9623 and #9624 Why It Is Sometimes Embarassing To Be Me

Perhaps I should explain why I found the muffin cat so funny.

Once I wrote a post about why I make my neighbors cookies. Several weeks ago we got another set of new neighbors and I made some cookies for them too. But before I was able to wrap them up and take them across the street, I accidentally ate all of them.

And speaking of winter time (even though, as Dawn pointed out no one was speaking of winter time) as the weather gets colder I find myself dressing more and more like a hobo. I layer on clothes, much more concerned with being warm than looking fashionable. With each layer of clothes I look more ridiculous and become less mobile until I resemble a clown and my arms stick out at right angles from my body. Driving becomes considerably harder. My unfortunate layering was bad enough when I wasn't pregnant, but now that I am and my wardrobe is more limited, I not only look ridiculous, but look ridiculous wearing the same clothes week after week.

My mom and Bill came to visit us on Saturday, and we went to Motherhood Maternity again. I still didn't try on a fake belly. I got another pair of sweatpants (Yay! Sweatpants!) two shirts, and an incredible wool coat that I love and plan on having altered when I am not pregnant so I can still wear it. I am very sad that my camera is broken because I want to take a picture of Madeline in the Electrc Blue Mafia because that's exactly what my coat looks like.

5 comments:

dawn said...

speaking of winter time... what?

Sadie said...

I fixed it for you.

dawn said...

lol. thanks! since you don't answer your phone ;) will you call me when you get a chance. :D

dorrie_love said...

um.. yeah. thanks for being such a sucky friend. lol. i can't stop singing! i'm rediculous. rediculously stupid. but i can't help it. maybe i could, but i don't want to.
There’s a somebody I’m longin’ to see
I hope that he, turns out to be
Someone who’ll watch over me

I’m a little lamb who’s lost in the wood
I know I could, always be good
To one who’ll watch over me

Although he may not be the man some
Girls think of as handsome
To my heart he carries the key

Won’t you tell him please to put on some speed
Follow my lead, oh, how I need
Someone to watch over me

it's been stuck in my head ever since last night.

dorrie_love said...

i spelled "rediculous" wrong because it's really supposed to be "ridiculous"
i'm telling you, i'm an idiot.