Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Holy Crap on Toast!

People, we are now in the 26th week of The Pregnancy Extravaganza. 26. Do you know what that means? Let me tell you.

The baby weighs 1 2/3 pounds and is 14 inches long. If you think about that for a second, that is one long and lean baby. So long and lean, in fact, that the baby is rather wrinkled it's skin is all loose. Don't worry though, because the baby is putting on fat rapidly and will likely triple in weight in the coming weeks. (Just so you know, all of this is estimated, and not exact.) Essentially, the baby is the size of a wrinkly English Hothouse Cucumber. Please excuse me while I look up an image of an Engligh Hothouse Cucumber. Hopefully I will not find anything X-rated.


That also means that my fingers are swelling. My ring doesn't fit anymore which makes me very sad because I really love my ring. I couldn't have a naked finger for the next four months so I bought a replacement wedding ring at Target. It was quite a decision to make. I still eat alot. I have begun doing some prenatal yoga, and am on a strict walking schedule. I suppose I should have started all these wonderful things a while ago. Better late than never. Oh, and the baby kicks like a champ. So much that I can see my stomach move sometimes. Must be a soccer player. Harharhar.

14 weeks left! Gah! I have diapers to buy, nurseries to assemble, names to pick (I'm thinking Percival for a boy and Muriel for a girl) so I can monogram tiny hats and hooded towels, booties to knit, bottles to sterilize, a house to safe-tify*. Oi. I'm tired now. I think I'll take a nap.

*Note*: I do not know how to monogram or knit.

2 comments:

dawn said...

fourteen weeks is plenty of time for all of that. don't worry. you especially have time to "safe-tify" your house. you don't really have to worry about that until he/she starts crawling.
i wonder what holy crap tastes like and whether it would be good on toast. hm...
when did you buy a ring? i want to see it.

Matt said...

Oh Sadie, you make me laugh.