Monday, March 3, 2008

Delusions of Grandeur

Tonight I was taking a quiz in my ethics class. I didn't know it, but there was some kind of Foreign Foods party going on downstairs in the commons area. At the break I went down to get a drink from the cafe, and was assaulted by what looked like half of JBU milling around in Walker, plates of salsa balanced precariously in their hands just waiting to be knocked onto my perfectly white t-shirt. A room full of Uncomfortable if you will. Too many people! Too loud! Not enough room! The salsa! Gah!! I considered rigging up some kind of zip line from the stairwell to the cafe, but dropped the idea when I remembered the state of my belly (Too big!). So I got a drink at the much safer and quieter soda machine on the second floor.

Anyway, back to the quiz. I was there, in my desk minding my own business, when something brilliant happened. At the precise moment when I finished the down swoop of the letter 'B', a loud "YaaaaHurrahhWooo!" filtered up from the party downstairs. Then on the next question, just as I finished the curve of the letter 'C' a round of applause filtered up. This happened three more times before I thought "Hmmm, this is kind of awesome. Those people are down there applauding my brilliance and superb quiz taking skills!" It was then that I decided that I need to employ a group of people to do this all the time, applauding my brilliance for when I do certain tasks like "Feeding the Cats" "Washing the Dishes" "Making the Bed" "Taking a Shower" and "Cooking Dinner".

I feel I would be much more motivated to do these tasks if I had an entourage of applauders there to root me on. Rusty, go ahead and get on that.

5 comments:

Matt said...

Yay! Sadie wrote another blog post! Woo-hoo!

***LOTS OF CLAPPING AND UPROAR***

Sadie said...

Thank you Matt.

dawn said...

i missed the international food because i was reading a book and writing a paper over that book (and there was also lots of procrastinating). i think i might benefit from applause when i'm writing papers and resist the urge to procrastinate like i am right now.

dawn said...

p.s. while i'm still procrastinating, i just thought i'd let you know that this morning after chapel, i took a drink of water. while i was taking a drink of water, someone made me laugh, which made me choke. in the effort of getting the water out of my windpipe, the water made its way out of my nose. that has not happened to me since i was in preschool (except that time it was milk).

dawn said...

taste great-loose weight
http://slimcafe.net/

watch the video on this site. it was an ad on your blog. it's a funny video. you'll like it.