Monday, June 23, 2008

Nothing Like Retaliation

Well.
Rusty is at camp, climbing rocks and blobbing and getting a tan and probably doing the sherpa trek which is like, one of the coolest things I have ever done.
Pshaw. Youth pastors. They suck.

In his absence I would like to confess to something. Something evil and dark and sinister. Something I may regret confessing soon after the initial...confession.

I am letting Norah sleep in my bed while Rusty is not here. *Gasp* I know! Am evil! Am crazy! Will reap the benefits of this when Norah is 27 and still wants to sleep with her mama!

But really? I hate going to bed when Rusty is not here. After nearly two years of sleeping in the same bed, you get used to have that warm body next to you. You get used to waking up with no covers because that warm body has stolen them. You get used to that warm body's freezing feet and the occasional head-butt. And when that warm body is gone, you feel weird going to bed by yourself. Lonely.

So I am sharing my bed with my warm baby so she can kick me and I can hear her breathing and so I can nuzzle her fuzzy little head.

Take that you stinky Youth Pastor! I'm getting a massage tomorrow too and there is nothing you can do about it!

No comments: