Friday, August 15, 2008

Contamination

The results of working in a children's shelter for over two years.

"Seven little monkeys jumping on the bed. One fell off and bumped his head. Mama called doctor and the doctor said, 'No more monkeys jumping on the bed!'"

"Six little monkeys jumping on the bed. One fell off and bumped his head. Mama called the doctor and the doctor said 'No more monkeys jumping on the bed!'"

"Five little monkeys jumping on the bed. One fell off and bumped his head. Mama called the doctor and the doctor said 'No more monkeys jumping on the bed!'"

"Four...wait. Those monkeys would have been taken by DHS by now."

4 comments:

wendy said...

I have no clue what shifts I will work! I told Shannon that the only times I can't work for sure are days Monday thru friday bc I have a full-time job as well. I'm basically going to be a filler person; when people don't want to work, I'm there :) but I will work randomly like once a week!

Jasmine said...

teheheh!

dawn said...

no, they wouldn't have been taken by dhs. dhs would only take them if they were thrown off the bed or thrown on the bed and then they would send them back after a few weeks anyway.

dawn said...

oh, and the doctor that dhs would take them to for the gashes in their heads from falling off the bed would put a bandaid on it and say that the green pus coming out of it is normal and to stop worrying about it. then when the wounds get a staph infection, they'll tell the people who work with the monkeys that they're idiots for taking precautions.