Monday, September 1, 2008

I Need a Nap

I work at a children's shelter, a place filled to the brim with kids, so by very nature my job entails a bit of chaos. But the last two nights had about 87456 times more chaos than normal.

We had two medical emergencies, two outings, one short staffing issue, numerous time clock shenanigans, lots of time outs, pantomimed knock-knock jokes, the longest bubble bath in shelter history, a missing fake chocolate chip cookie, poop wiped on the floor and one captive lizard.

All that would be ok if I was one of those people who is calm and organized and structured. Too bad I am one of those people who is excitable and frazzled and flexible.

3 comments:

Jasmine said...

LOL! We should get together this week. My birthday is Thursday....

Garrett said...

Dont beleive her it isnt really thursday!
Isaiah pooped on his bath toys last night. Actually in the cup side of his lobster to be exact.

Sadie said...

Way to go Isaiah!