Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Adding These to My Resume

Being a mother entails many different kinds of jobs.



When I was pregnant, I was the Incubator, spending every second of every day growing a human in my belly. I ate, drank, exercised (ha!), slept, read and listened to the music with the health of that human always in the back of my mind.



Then for 17 hours on April 7th I served as the Vehicle of Birth.



Then, for 8 months I was a 24 hour all-you-can-eat buffet. If Norah was hungry or fussy or upset, it was my cue to resume the buffet act. Additionally since her birth I have been the Butt Wiper, the Bath Giver, the Entertainer, and the Personal Shopper.



Now that Norah is crawling I am the Mama-Gym.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Can I just say I feel you....or, um, "Me too!" Even in his sleep Emery crawls all over me!

Jasmine said...

...Te hehehe!

Silvy said...

hey sadie!
yellow bumble bees sound so cute! awwww. what are you guys doing on friday night? if you don't have plans, we would love to have yall over or if it is easier for you to stay in siloam, we can come there as well. hope you're having a great week!