Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jog

As I wrote last week, I am in my last semester of college. I managed to save for my last semester of college really cool classes like Geography, Family Communication, Seminar in Psych, and Aerobic Walking/Jogging.

Mostly I like my classes. I don't loathe going to any of them. Except walking. I am really ticked about this walking class, because its not like I can just check into class twice a week, walk for thirty minutes and then leave. I have to check in twice a week, walk, keep track of my heart rate, and carry Norah around with me. THEN! I have to do the same thing three more days a week on my own. I have to walk FIVE DAYS A WEEK! That is ludicrous.

There are other reasons I don't like that class, but because I am still a student at JBU, and you never know who is reading your blog, I will refrain from explaining those other reasons until I am no longer enrolled at JBU.

So yeah. I don't like walking class. But it would be the ultimate shame in my life to fail walking class so I show up, twice a week and walk and walk and walk. And two to three days a week I walk outside of class too. But on Saturday, I didn't walk. An alien took over my body and took control of my limbs, and I ran.

People, this is momentous. I ran! For like, 10 whole minutes. And then I ran again yesterday. For like 12 minutes. And then I died. But after I died, I came back to life and realized that all the stress that had been weighing down on my back and my shoulder and my head, was gone. Apparently, stress does not like running.

So, in order to not let the stress of this last semester of college get the best of me and cause me to tear out all my hair and make a little voodoo doll that looks mysteriously like the founder of my school, I am going to keep walking and keep running.

8 comments:

Jasmine said...

So proud of you!

Run Sadie Run!

Aidan and Zachary said...

That is great!
I ran once...

Amber Layton said...

I just want u to be careful, I took up jogging three months ago and now I a 3 month pregnant. Didnt change a thing.

That is awesome it made me feel better

Lesley said...

sadie i am so proud of you! one time a personal trainer made me run and insisted on it... i was so mad i walked out on him in the middle of our session. yesssh

Silvy said...

good for you, sadie! i am a big fan of working out (which really just means walking right now). i think it's one of the best things you can do for your physical and emotional health! (gotta love that vitamin d from sunshine!) you will thank yourself later for being active! :)

Sadie said...

HAHA! Lesley, that is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Go you!

Jake said...

My wife's comment makes me sad!!

Sadie said...

Jake, it made me laugh. Now I feel rude!