Monday, July 20, 2009

Veggie Patch

Oh hi!

I have a nasty case of Nothing to Say. So instead of words I will give you pictures. Of my garden. That is still growing gloriously even though I regularly forget to water.

We have had so many tomatos this summer. Which is awesome because Norah loves them. I think she thinks they are candy.

Bell peppers! I'm pretty sure we bought a red bell pepper, but these look awfully green to me.


Probably the cutest jalapeno I have ever seen.

These are my radishes. They are pretty awesome, and I think they are done growing, but really I have no idea. And if they are done growing, then how do I get them out? I need help...

Watermelon (top) and cantaloupe. Hooray!

7 comments:

Aidan and Zachary said...

When Aidan was about 18 months we had wonderful cherry tomatoes. Jake taught Aidan how to pick the red ones and wash them at the spiget to eat them. Aidan would eat one after another and he got a yeast infection! I had to treat it with anti-fungal medicine...be careful!

Gia/mom Emily said...

Pull the radishes out of the ground, then you will know, pull a couple places. They are probably ready. Love you my garden girl

sarahthe said...

Red Bell Peppers turn red last. It grows green, then turns. :)

Audrey said...

I seem to remember Tristan getting sick from eating too many cherry tomatoes when he was little...And how come you didn't grown any honeydew? :)

Erin said...

I have a serious case of garden envy.
We planted way before you, and have absolutley nothing Our radishes got eaten by something, tomatoes never fruited,a nd our squash will bossom but not produce anything. Maybe we need to get a garden gnome and he'll protect the garden fromt he ineen enemies....who knows. :)

Audrey said...

Erin- a little trick I learned about squash. Sometimes there aren't enough bugs to pollinate the blossoms, so you have to do it yourself. You have to get the pollen from the male flower and put it in the female flower. The female is the one that looks like it has a squash on it. Last year mine did the same thing, but when I pollinated them they grew.

Wow, reading back over that it sounds kind of dirty. Sorry!

Sadie said...

Audrey The Squash Pimp