Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Midnight Kind of Blue

I know you aren't going to believe this, but I embarassed myself in front of yet another service type person.

When we went to Roswell last week my mom bought Norah this super cool swimming pool. It has a little slide and sprinklers that come out the side. Norah loves it. So does Mama, as Norah is happy to play in it for a good 30 minutes to an hour, just long enough to get really tired and ready for a nap.

On Thursday afternoon I took Norah out to play for a bit, and since we were just going to be in the backyard I thought I would just go ahead and wear my two piece bathing suit. This is the bathing suit that I got three summers ago, and while it fit me well then, and was very cute on me...three years ago I was not the mother of a child, a child who grew in my body for nine months and then nursed for another eight. Suffice it to say, I am shaped a tad bit differently now.

But hey! We were just going to be in the back yard, no one was going to see me. My belly really needs a tan! So out we went.

It was a solid fifteen minutes before I realized that the Direct TV guy was on my next door neighbor's house, with a perfect view of my yellow two piece and my very white belly.

Hopefully he was a gentleman and didn't look at us.

In other, un-bathing suit news, I painted my bedroom yesterday. La Fonda Midnight. Another excellent paint name with an equally excellent outcome. I do love the La Fonda colors from Valspar. I'll post pictures soon.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Ha. My belly will most likely never see the light of day again.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

La Fonda: descriptor of the year.